Lupe Fiasco (Lasers) [2011]

After listening to this album my mind has been racing. It is clear that Lupe's record label is as greedy as any other major label today, especially when in a recent interview Lupe was quoted saying he "hates" lasers (because of his record label's involvement). It seems like any time I find a dope artist they tend to blow up, which in my mind severely handicaps their ability to control the direction of their music. After listening to Lasers in its entirety, you can hear how much pop, techno, and random bitches singing hooks have been added to broaden Lupe's audience, which is not necessarily the sound I was waiting all these years to hear. I hope Lupe Fiasco leaves his record label and finds one that fosters his true musical ability. Regardless of my overall feeling of the album, I still have my favorites, and here they are:

1. Letting Go ft. Sarah Green (prod. by The Future)


3. Till I Get There (prod. by Needlz)


4. I Don't Wanna Care Right Now ft. MDMA (prod. by The Audibles)


5. Out Of My Head ft. Trey Songz (prod. by Miykal Snoddy)


6. The Show Goes On (prod. by Kane Beatz)


7. Beautiful Lasers (2Ways) ft. MDMA (prod by The Future)


8. Coming Up ft. MDMA (prod by The Future)


11. All Black Everything (prod. by Wizzo Buchanan)

No comments:

Post a Comment